Sunday, May 10, 2009

Who's Counting


We're back in Bakersfield after a quick weekend visit to L.A. for the 70th birthday of our long time sister-bid whist partner-seva buddy-yoga teacher-Super Bowl hostess-friend Krishna Kaur. If you know Krishna, your life has been touched by her in a probably transformational way.

It wasn't too long ago that 70 seemed ancient to me, way old. No more. Some of my very best friends are a just few years away from being septogenerians and now another one, Krishna Kaur, has crossed into that decade. Ancient souls, yes. But old? Nope.

You might think now that my age can be rounded up to 60, of course 70 doesn't seem so old to me anymore. That's part of it. But the main deal is that my "older" friends are amazing, vital, wise, and contributing souls. They are internationally known teachers, authors, counselors, business women, spiritual advisors and life coaches who impact the lives of others on a daily basis. They don't look 70. They don't look an age and perhaps it is because they don't act an age. They are who they are.

I hope when I'm 70 I'll be.... no, wait a minute. I hope when I'm 101 I'll be as full of spunk and light as the 101 year-young woman who sat at the table across from me at the party last night.

In the meantime, I'm just going to keep on breathing... deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment