Friday, May 8, 2009

Gravity


There are signs now. Red ruddiness, sort of like acne, but blotchy, like blush powder splashed on in the dark. There's a name for it. Brown spots, there's a name for them too. Forgetfulness, to the point I think I may be losing my mind. Wisdom of simply knowing, of being, of seeing the game, the players, the ball, the goal, the boundaries, the out of bounds... and having good seats. The wondering about what still can be. Though the path ahead is not so long, it is broader, blooming, fragrant and rich with possibility. Seeing now, it has been so all along. I am fine with all of this. I truly am. I am fine with myself. And seeing my daughters coming into their own, each so beautiful. Life is so beautiful and is such a gift. So all this, none of it matters, I am fine with everything, and if my mind is not what it was, so what. It is what it is. I am who I am. And that's that. But really, must things submit to the gravitational pull so soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment